THE MAGIC PONY

THE MAGIC PONY
I HOPE MY PONY KNOWS THE WAY BACK HOME

Monday, September 21, 2009

5FIVE5


I am just now pulling the first proofs, and making the first mock-ups for my newest BOOK, "5FIVE5". It will be 5 smaller books (all very different, but all related to each other) presented inside a larger book-like case. The amazing thing is that so far EVERYTHING is not only going exactly as planned, but the actual mock-up is even more interesting than I had pictured it. All the parts are fitting together. Registrations are right on the money.
The image above will be the last of the 5 books inside the larger book. It is what will be the back of 5 Loteria Trading Cards. It will also be printed in blue. At present I think the images on the reverse side will be, "The Fool", "The Magician", "The Gardener", "The Wheel Of Fortune", and "The Ladder". But I have only started sketching out the first 3, so ALL could change. No cutting of the lino blocks has started yet. I needed to check my measurements after printing a few proofs of the card backs before investing the next HUGE chunk of time; Printing almost 750 cards (both sides 1,500 prints). So far so good. Now I'll begin the task of printing all the card backs as I finish designing, and then cutting the first few images. Of course, I will simultaneously be starting the other 4 books. Lots to do, all moving along slowly but at the same time, as best I can manage. It is a GLORIOUS INSANITY!!! And , a whole LOTTA' FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment